Abstracts Deadline Extended June 17, 2018
Authors are invited to submit original papers describing research or experience related to one of the conference topics. Submissions are solicited to report the research and development of new and emerging technologies, new guidelines and innovative approaches to facilitate technology transfer, unique field demonstrations of existing and new technologies, and the development of special programs. Abstracts will be text only, limited to a maximum of 250 words.
We use Catalyst for our paper management system. This system is utilized by many organizations, so you may already have an account established. If not, you will need to create one as directed below.
Abstract Acceptance Notification – August 1, 2018
Abstracts are peer-reviewed by members of the International Scientific committee and accepted based on the following:
- Relevance to the application of monitoring technologies in infrastructure.
- Submissions are complete (abstract, correspondent and co-authors). Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts are scored on scientific merit, relevance, quality, and implementation.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to correspondent identified, once the reviews are completed. At this time, authors will begin preparation of their full-length draft paper.
If you do not have an account with CATALYST, follow instructions below.
- Click on the link below to create a submission. - https://catalyst.omnipress.com/#collection/253/submission
- Click on the Create Account tab to create an account.
- Enter your email address, password and confirm your password. Click the Signup button. - An email will be sent to you.
- Click on the turquoise button in your email labeled, “Confirm Account.”
- A pop-up will appear stating, “Thank you for confirming your email.”
- Click on the “Please click here to login.”
- Log in to your account.
- Once logged in, a turquoise box will pop up at the top of your screen indicating you have created a submission. You will be in edit mode of that submission.
- Read the Information tab.
- Complete all the required fields on all the tabs.
- Click “Save,” on the bottom right of your screen after you complete each tab or anytime as necessary. *If required fields are missing data, you will see the missing data tabs indicated with a red triangle.
- Click on the “Submit” button on the bottom right of your screen when you are ready to submit your abstract.
For additional help, please use this helpful guide.
Paper Submission Timeline
- August 1, 2018 - Abstract acceptance notifications issued
- November 1, 2018 - Full-length Draft Paper Due
All papers will undergo peer review; accepted papers must be presented during the conference, August 4-7, 2019, in Saint Louis, Missouri USA.
- January 30, 2019 - Technical Reviews Completed
- January 31, 2019 - Authors Notified of Review Decision
Accept - minor correction
Accept - major correction
- February 1 – March 14, 2019 – Draft Paper Revision Period
- March 15, 2019 - 2nd Review Conducted on Minor/Major Acceptance Only
If acceptance is contingent on minor/major corrections being made, author(s) must revise and upload a second full-length paper.
- April 1, 2019 - 2nd Review Notifications Issued
- April 5, 2019 - Final (camera ready) Paper Due
All submissions must upload a final paper document - regardless of the acceptance decision. This allows authors to make minor corrections and to address suggestions from reviewers. This requirement also confirms the document which will be used in the conference proceedings. An editorial overview will be conducted on all papers.